Sunday, April 6, 2014

2014-04-06 A Good day for radio

Today has been a good day for playing radio...

My buddy, Tom Flippin (KD4CMK), and I went out to the KG4MRA repeater site to get the mixed-mode P25/FM repeater back online.  The repeater site lost power for a while over the weekend and I decided to unplug the gear while the Cheif Engineer for WRLH was working on the generator.

Tom and I did a little bit of looking around the site and then powered up the repeater.  All good :)

Did some P25 range testing and we managed to chat with another buddy, Jay Lovelady (KD4BPZ), who drove all the way out to Rice, Va.  That's about 25-30 miles away from the repeater site - pretty good for P25 and a mobile!

Got on the local Richmond, Va 6m net, chatted with the guys while preparing for a portable operation for the weekend.  I'm planning on going up to Skyline Parkway while my youngest son attends a Boy Scout merit badge day at Univ of Va.  I'm gonna drop him off and just keep heading west!

No comments:

Post a Comment